Effective as of 2021/05/11
- 2. INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- 3. TYPES AND PURPOSE OF COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED BY FARM4TRADE
- 4. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIE PREFERENCES
- 6. CONTACTS
Farm4Trade uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third-party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
2 INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
A cookie is a small text file that a website you visit asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device.
Cookies help website masters and owners to consent authentication and data storage mechanisms which are relevant during the website session to assure efficiency in the user experience. Cookies allow Farm4Trade and its partners to identify the users’ devices and provide consistency to their browsing experience.
There are different types of cookies and similar technologies.
“First-party cookies” are served by Farm4Trade, which is the entity that operates the website or app you are visiting or using.
“Third-party cookies” are served by companies that are not operating the website or app you are visiting or using. For example, we may allow an analytics partner to set a cookie on your computer via our website while you visit our website, and that would be a third-party cookie.
“Session Cookies” are temporary and only last as long as your browser or app is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser or app.
“Persistent cookies” survive after your browser or app is closed (for example, they may recognize your computer when you re-open our sites and services.
“Pixel tags” are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a web page, app, or advertisement, which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including device type, operating system, browser type, and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information. Pixels provide how third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner.
“Software Development Kits” (also called SDKs) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app, information about the user device, and network information.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
3 TYPES AND PURPOSE OF COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED BY FARM4TRADE
- Operationally Necessary: These cookies and similar technologies are necessary to the operation of our sites and services. This includes technologies that (i) allow you access to our sites and services, (ii) are required to identify irregular behavior on our sites and services, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security, or (iii) that allow you to make use of our functions such as shopping carts or similar functions.
- Preferences – These first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our sites and services. This may include identifying you when you sign in to our sites and services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed or utilized so that we may enhance the presentation of content on our sites and services. These cookies and similar technologies also help us provide you and others with social plug-ins (for example, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn) and other customized content and experiences.
- Statistics – These first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies allow us to assess, improve and research the performance and use of our sites and services, uncover and resolve issues with our sites and services, better understand the interests of people who interact with our sites and services and track advertisement campaign performance and efficiency. This includes the analytics activities that help us understand how our visitors use our sites and services, determine if you have interacted with our messaging or ads or whether you have viewed an advertisement or link, or improve the content of our sites and services.
- Marketing – These first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies are used to deliver relevant ads. For example, we and our approved ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies and similar technologies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites and apps. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie or other technology to group users that share a common interest into audience segments and to deliver advertisements and offers that may be of interest to users within a given segment. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their cookies when an individual visits our sites and services. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited our sites and services. When the individual visits a third-party website on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest in our products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
- Unclassified – These are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
4 HOW TO MANAGE COOKIE PREFERENCES
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under “Settings” or “Preferences”) to modify or delete your cookie settings.
Browser setting: you can accept, refuse and delete cookies in the apposite section of your browser settings. Users can always change their preferences regarding cookies but they cannot deactivate strictly necessary cookies, because that would compromise the functioning of the services.
Mobile device identification: on mobile devices users can manage the cookie settings in the specific OS dedicated section. For example it is possible on iOS devices to limit the access to user’s data or block interest-based advertising on Android devices.
Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain Farm4Trade Services may not function properly.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.farm4trade.com, suite.farm4trade.com, help.farm4trade.com, web.farm4trade.com, fm.farm4trade.com, ffa.farm4trade.com, bi.farm4trade.com, amove.farm4trade.com.
For any questions or clarifications about this Policy you can contact our Data Protection Officer by filling our contact form.
Thank you for reading our policy.
REGISTERED OFFICE: Via IV Novembre n.33 – 66041 – Atessa – CH
CORPORATE OFFICE: Via Andrea Baldi n.36 – 00136 – Roma
REGISTERED OFFICE: P.O. BOX 2655 Swakopmund
CORPORATE OFFICE: Bohemian Building, Unit 1, Friedrich Giese Street, Klein Windhoek, Namibia
© Farm4Trade Namibia