Effective as of 2021/05/11
Therefore, we invite you to carefully read this information that we apply to our services, our applications, and our website unless otherwise specified.
- 1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
- 2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
- 3. WHAT WE USE PERSONAL DATA FOR
- 4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 5. DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
- 6. TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
- 7. YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PREFERENCES
- 8. OWNER AND PROCESSING CONTROLLER
- 9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- 10. HOW TO CONTACT US
1 ABOUT THIS POLICY
This Policy contains essential information relating to the processing of your personal data by Farm4Trade. The Policy applies to all Farm4Trade services and associated services (hereinafter “Farm4Trade Services”). The terms governing your use of the Farm4Trade Services are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use (the Terms and Conditions of Use).
From time to time, we may develop and offer new or additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in a significant change in the way we collect or process your personal data, we will provide you with additional information or information or additional terms. Unless otherwise indicated, such new or additional services will be subject to this Policy.
For information on how to contact us if you have any questions or concerns, see Section 10 “How to contact us” below. If you do not agree with the content of this information, we remind you that using Farm4Trade Services is your choice.
2 PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
All information collected is related to the provision of the Farm4Trade service and its functionalities.
In general, we can collect two types of information: (a) information strictly necessary for the use of Farm4Trade and (b) information that could be used to provide a superior or otherwise improved experience.
The first type concerns the data we need to be able to operate Farm4Trade:
- User data
- Registration information: these are the personal data of the private and/or company profile. This is personal data collected to register and use the Farm4Trade service. The data may include name, surname, email address, telephone number, address and country. Some of the requested data are necessary for the creation of the account. In addition, you can choose whether to provide additional personal data to further personalize your account. If a third-party service is used to create the account (for example Facebook), we will receive personal data through such third parties, provided that consent has been given to such third parties to share personal data with Farm4Trade.
- Animal and Stable Data: All user content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) posted in the applications. All information regarding the animals entered by the user is processed to provide personalized statistics and suggestions.
- Usage data
- Technical information: such as URL information, online identifiers (including IP addresses), information on the types of devices used, such as unique device IDs, provider, browser type, language, operating system, and application version.
- General and non-specific geographic location information that can be derived or inferred from certain technical data (such as IP address, language settings or payment currency)
- Use and access information: use of the service, diagnostics and performance of Farm4Trade applications. Information on the type of Farm4Trade Services plan. Information on user interactions with the Farm4Trade Service, such as navigation within applications.
- Payment and purchase data:
- Information on payment transactions: we may collect certain personal data if the user signs up for a trial or purchases one of our Paid Subscriptions (as defined in the Terms and Conditions). The type of data collected will vary depending on the payment method. Payment receipts may be managed by third-party sites that process the payment.
The second type of information includes all those data that can offer additional functions; such information will not be used if we are not expressly authorized to do so. Here are some examples:
- Specific location: such data may be required, for example, to perform satellite image analysis and provide important information regarding the quality of the land for feeding and grazing livestock.
- Photos/videos of animals: for example, we could ask you to share photos of owned animals to help us create an image dataset that can be used for animal identification and traceability.
- Further specific information: depending on the type of need, we may request specific data that always allow us to improve the user experience (e.g. data on how animals are weaned, type of power supply, etc.).
3 WHAT WE USE PERSONAL DATA FOR
By processing personal data we mean any operation or set of operations performed with or without the support of automated processes applied to data such as the collection, transmission, storage, use of such data.
Farm4Trade uses the information available, following the permissions granted by the user, to:
- Making the service available, improving and personalizing: Farm4Trade makes its services available while trying to improve and personalize them. Therefore, we analyze the information available to us to evaluate and improve the services provided, research, develop and test new features that we subsequently offer to our users.
- Ensure the technical features of the service and provide assistance: user information is used to provide prompt assistance to the user when he contacts us and to solve problems more quickly and safely.
- Increase security and protection: We check suspicious accounts and activities that may conflict with the Terms and Conditions of use to ensure proper use in compliance with the law.
- Communicate with the user: for purposes related to the service, the promotion of new services, and/or research activities.
- Process user payments and/or prevent or detect fraud.
In the following table, we have indicated the purposes of the data processing, the legal bases to which we refer and the categories of personal data (as indicated in Section 2):
4 SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Farm4Trade uses the information collected and/or generated following the use of the Service by the user to share it and make it available to improve, customize, provide assistance and market its services.
- Account information: personal and/or company information such as name, address, email and other data expressly authorized by the user will be made available to all users who use the Farm4Trade services exclusively for the purposes envisaged by the action performed by the user for their sharing (e.g. buying and selling animals, requests for animal transport, etc.).
- User contacts: people invited by the user to be part of the staff, to become collaborators or simply invited to share certain company information will be managed by Farm4Trade to finalize the staff creation actions.
- API (Application programming interface): It is important to note that some information is always publicly available for third-party sites or in other developer tools. Depending on the permissions granted by the user, some additional information may be shared via API code.
In detail, the categories of any recipients and the information we may share:
5 DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
Farm4Trade retains personal data for the period necessary to provide the Farm4Trade Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes such as ensuring the performance of the Service, complying with legal obligations and resolving disputes. Some of the personal data are kept for the time in which the user is registered.
Upon request, we may delete personal data, unless we are legally permitted or required to retain certain personal data, including the following:
- Unresolved complaints relating to the account, such as residual credit or an unresolved complaint or dispute, we will retain personal data until the dispute is resolved;
- If it is necessary to keep personal data to fulfill legal, fiscal, auditing obligations, the necessary data will be kept for the period of applicable law;
- If necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention or to maintain user safety.
Farm4Trade also undertakes not to transfer any data to third parties who are not part of the companies connected to it and who are involved in the execution of the contract.
To request erasure of your other personal data from Farm4Trade (e.g. your User Data, Usage Data and other data listed in Section 2 ‘Personal data we collect about you’ below), submit this "Request to Delete Account" form.
See our support page for more information.
6 TRANSFER TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Farm4Trade may subcontract the processing or share personal data of users with third parties located in countries outside the European Union and Switzerland. In such cases, Farm4Trade guarantees that the transfer of the user’s personal data takes place in compliance with the applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that adequate contractual, technical and organizational measures are in place such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission.
7 YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PREFERENCES
The General Data Protection Regulation – or “GDPR”, gives individuals certain rights concerning their personal data:
- Right of access: the right to be informed of the personal data processed and to access such data;
- Right of rectification: the right to request the modification or updating of personal data if they are incorrect or incomplete;
- Right to erasure: the right to request the erasure of personal data;
- Right to restrict: the right to ask to temporarily or permanently cease the processing of personal data;
- Right to object: the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for reasons related to your situation. Right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to data portability: the right to request a copy of personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit such data to use a service offered by third parties;
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated decisions, including profiling.
On Farm4Trade, the user can decide to manage, modify, limit or delete their information by accessing the settings page of their account.
Each User can manage public information and set their own sharing settings at will.
In addition, the user can decide at any time to delete their account using the appropriate function on the applications. All user data will be deleted from our servers no later than one month after receiving the cancellation request. If you do not delete without using the appropriate function but, for example, simply delete the app from a device, the information may remain stored for an undefined period. It is also important to point out that the information shared with other users will not be modified.
You can choose which commercial communications to receive from Farm4Trade. All our commercial communications include an opt-out mechanism within the message itself. By clicking on the link contained in an email received, you can opt-out.
The Cookies Policy provides further information on how cookies are used. In this section, you can find information on how to manage your cookie preferences and opt-out from certain types of tracking.
If you have any questions about privacy, how to exercise your rights, you can contact the Data Protection Officer using the “Contact” form available on the site.
8 OWNER AND PROCESSING CONTROLLER
The owner and manager of the processing of personal data are Farm4Trade Srl, with registered office in Via IV Novembre n.33, 66041, Atessa (CH), Italy, VAT IT02568150698.
On behalf of the owner and data processor, Farm4Trade has designated a DPO (Data Protection Officer) within the company, who will play a supervisory role in the protection of personal data in compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679. The DPO will be responsible for verifying and maintaining an organized personal data management system that meets all the legal requirements introduced by the GDPR (General Protection Data Regulation). In particular, the DPO has prepared the Privacy Impact Assessment document which can be downloaded by clicking here.
Finally, to fully comply with its regulatory obligations regarding the processing of personal data, Farm4Trade has carefully chosen its Cloud service providers so that they could fulfill the role of “Data Processor”. In particular, only IaaS (Infrastructure as a service) providers adhering to CISPE (Cloud Infrastructure Service Providers in Europe) have been selected, an association that has drawn up a code of conduct intending to promote the correct application of the GDPR. The providers used by Farm4Trade, for the storage and retention of personal data, are the following:
Farm4Trade uses, only after the user’s consent, the following profiling tools, both adhering to the rules laid down by the GDPR, used for marketing purposes and above all for the evaluation and understanding of the user experience:
9 CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
10 HOW TO CONTACT US
Thank you for reading this policy.
REGISTERED OFFICE: Via IV Novembre n.33 – 66041 – Atessa – CH
CORPORATE OFFICE: Via Andrea Baldi n.36 – 00136 – Roma
REGISTERED OFFICE: P.O. BOX 2655 Swakopmund
CORPORATE OFFICE: Bohemian Building, Unit 1, Friedrich Giese Street, Klein Windhoek, Namibia